Oh hey. I haven’t written here in a while. Sorry about that. You can blame school for consuming my life for that one. Since Thanksgiving is right around the corner, I thought I would write down 15 things I’m thankful for (because it’s 2015… ha see what I did there?).
I’m thankful for…
- God for not allowing anything to stop His love and for being bigger and better than anything here on earth.
- Jesus for dying on a cross as a perfect sacrifice, saving me and for displaying exactly how I should live but loving me despite the fact that I don’t live like that.
- The Holy Spirit for living inside of me and speaking through and using me.
- The most beautiful, wonderful friends on the planet who love me for me and continuously show me that through their actions and words.
- My family who never fails to remind me how blessed I am to have a family as absolutely phenomenal as them.
- Professors who make school enjoyable by their passion, love and care.
- My privilege and the fact that if I recognize that privilege, I can use it to help those who aren’t privileged.
- The best children I could ask for: Digger, Wiley and Binx (that’s two dogs and a cat).
- The endless opportunities I’ve been given in my 21 years of life even when I don’t take them.
- The access to the knowledge I’ve learned and the ability to remember (some of) it and use it for good.
- My love for Sociology and the miracle that I found it.
- Food on the table, a roof over my head, clothes on my body, a bed to sleep in, all of the necessities and countless other stuff that I don’t really need.
- My mostly healthy body despite the fact that I eat junk and hate exercising.
- Multiple Christian communities around me,their support and their constant pushing me closer towards Christ.
- Entertainment that just makes me really happy… board games, Lord of the Rings (and all things nerdy), books, baseball, Dollywood, social media and the list could go on.
Those are just 15 things that I’m thankful for. Now it’s your turn. What are you thankful for?